7 generations of good
Seventh generation picked their name based on the Native American belief that on our every deliberation we should consider our impact on the next 7 generations.
And that is exactly what they are trying to do, on many different levels. Not only do they offer you cleaning products that really work, but they are also natural and have minimal environmental impact.
So, what is it that actually makes Seventh Generation products so awesome?
- You get phosphate and toxic free products with fair trade and natural essential oils.
- You don't have to worry about packaging waste, as it is either biodegradable or recyclable.
- You know exactly what goes into your products, as their production is radically transparent
- You will have the eternal gratitude of orangutangs, since Seventh Generation products do not contain palm oil from the tropics.
Seventh Generation products have many certification seals. One of them, the USDA Certified Biobased Product, is not only meant to prove to you that their products contain more than 90% natural ingredients. It is also meant to put pressure on other big corporations to start disclosing their ingredients to the public and to start changing their practices, if they want to keep making profit.
What else makes this company great?
- They fund other companies via grands, to promote sustainability
- They collaborate with the Sustainability Academy to educate the future generations
- Their employees take part in volunteering programs
- Their office building is sustainable, using alternative energy sources
If you want to know more about these amazing guys and watch some very informative videos, make sure to visit their website. And don't worry, if you are not into house cleaning, they have a range of personal care products too!